Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A little bit of kindness



I finished making this little baby set recently for my friend Alison who has bought quite a few of these now as presents for newborns, this one for a girl, and blue sets for boys.



Alison has always been so supportive of me and my hobby/little business. Words of kindness and encouragement can turn your day around, don't you think?



I had a conversation with a dad friend today (quick conversation, that is, with 2 year olds around!) about having a positive attitude, viewing the glass as half full etc. He and his wife were actively trying to be calmer and nicer, aiming to do 5 things a day that they thought might please each other.

It made me think about how a little bit of kindness can go so far, whether it's towards a stranger, a friend or our children. Occasionally when I see a potentially difficult late afternoon with my children coming up I stop and promise myself that I will try my best to be patient and not yell, to think about the fact that they are tired and hungry and just not able to cope so well at the moment. I try to be kind.
Sometimes I fail miserably, as I guess most parents do, but I'm going to try a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails