Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pattern Magic and dress procrastination


I received my copy of the Japanese pattern book Pattern Magic recently. It's quite amazing and crazy really.

There are dresses I love like the one on the left, but may be better suited if I was 10 (or 20!) years younger :-)


other designs I love too, and could possibly see myself in...


some are amazing but not my style at all:


and some are just plain kooky!...

a dress with built-in tunnel, hmm.

And in true procrastinator style I still haven't decided what I want to wear to my brother's wedding in just under a month...

Ranging from most interesting, but most work (and most stressful!), these are my options...

A. I could experiment with some sculptural ideas inspired by Pattern Magic and also the style of Natalie from the Makeshift project. That sort of distressed style has always appealed to me. I love unfinished edges, asymetric lines, fraying etc (or is that just laziness? :-), and particularly this dress. So maybe something like this...



or

B. Make a simple timeless style in an interesting print. I've always loved this style and have worn variations of it in the past...


or

C. The boring but easy option - wear something I already have!! Yes, it would be nice not to over complicate my life for once. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. That's such a cool pattern book... Whenever I go to Kinokuniya book Shop in the city I drool all over those crazy japanese pattern books.. I just love them, but your right it is for the younger generation!!! If only I was 20yrs younger :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails