Monday, October 24, 2011

Instant sewing gratification: "The Perfect Shrug"



Last week when I should have been sewing for the school fete I suddenly got inspired to sew something that has been on my to do list for a while now - and you've got to strike when the inspiration hits, right? Otherwise that list will never come down!



This can't really be called 'sewing', there's so little sewing involved that I found it quite amusing... I spotted this shrug pattern (free) on BurdaStyle a while ago and it appealed to me. It's just a cleverly folded 'T' shaped piece of fabric, sewn together in 2 places...



...and your arms go through the small openings. As I made it in jersey and the edges don't fray, I didn't hem it, just sewed the 2 seams and it's done. Feels like cheating.



It folds into a rectangle (pic no. 2), then down again into a very small parcel, so it would be a great one to keep in your bag for when there's a chill in the air.

I haven't been a fan of the shrug in the past, thinking it's a kind of mutant looking cardigan, but this pattern appealed, so I'll see how it goes. And if it's a no goer then there's not much lost... and a bit of fun had ;-)

3 comments:

  1. And it LOOKS SO FANTASTIC!! great beads too. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my spouse and i found your own your post while searching intended for a lot of related information on thread search. ..Its your current post..keep posting IN ADDITION TO update your current information.
    https://patch.com/new-york/patchogue/choosing-quilting-sewing-machine-thats-right-you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! What I can't understand is why these are not more popular as a wardrobe staple since the long sleeved versions are super little over-ups to protect one's arms from the sun, ideal for air-conditioned environments, travel well etc. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails