Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What's for dinner mum?

Do you plan your family meals in advance for the week or see what's in the fridge and improvise each day?

Mostly in the past I have improvised, but the times when I do plan a weeks worth of meals, buy groceries & fresh foods for those particular meals and then follow the plan, I find it works really well. My aim is largely to waste less and spend our money wisely. but a huge added benefit, I've found, is that it clears my head and takes away that gnawing question each day of what to cook. So rather than "what on earth am I going to cook for dinner, do we have the ingredients, will I have to drag the kids to the shops and do I have enough time to prepare", it's "ok it's Wednesday, burritos for dinner"

So as a way to keep up the momentum I'm starting a weekly "What's for dinner mum?" section over on the right there. And just maybe I can inspire you too, or remind you of a long lost recipe you used to cook, or you could try one of our recipes.

I'm also planning on taking a photo each night and posting it on Instagram, so please come on over and follow me if Instagram is your thing (I'm bubala_jo). I might try to post a montage of pics here too, I'll see how I go.

I'd love to hear - what's on your mind for dinner this week?

2 comments:

  1. Excellent... I can always do with some inspiring dinner ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh, my weekly meal planning fell by the wayside a couple of months back.....

    I do still follow my Sunday - pastry, Monday - Vego, Tuesday - Chicken, Wed - red meat, Thurs - pasta, fri - fish, Sat - red meat plan so it does narrow the field abit. Bus yes, having a menu definately takes the stress off abit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails